Wednesday 6 January 2010

Your Next Stamp Challenge 7 ......



It is time for the first challenge of the New Year at Your Next Stamp!! Your Next Stamp Starlet Maylee has chosen the theme for challenge 7, she would love to see "embossing" on your cards. 

Of course we would love to see you create a card using a Your Next Stamp image, but we also welcome projects made with other stamps.  But if you do use a Your Next Stamp stamp or stamps, you will be given 2 entries into the challenge prize draw.  The challenge runs for two weeks, so there is plenty of time for you to join us.

As always, we have 2 fabulous prizes for you to win:


Winner – one lucky winner, chosen by random.org, will win $10 in YNS Stamp Bucks (to spend on YNS stamps) and the Winner Blinkie to proudly display on their blog.

Top Pick – one lucky entry, chosen by Maylee, will win $5 in YNS Stamp Bucks (to spend on YNS stamps) and the Top Pick Blinkie to proudly display on their blog! [ You must use a YNS stamp on your creation to be eligible to win the Top Pick prize].



                             

I have  used the Happy Days Mermaid set from Your Next Stamp for my card, I just love this image, she is so perfect to colour using promarkers.  I didn't manage to capture all of the sparkle  in this photo but I used shimmer paints on her fish tail, the cute crab is covered with glossy accents to give his shell a wet look, and I have put stickles sequin around the star fish. I have used a quickutz bubbles embossing folder for the background which I have lightly sanded to give a little more depth, the papers are an old BG set called Pheobe. I decided not to add a greeting for this card as I thought it was a fun card that could be used for more than one occassion so I will until I deciede who to send it to.

Dont forget to check out the Your Next Stamp challenge blog as the Your Next Stamp Starlets have made some beautiful cards to share with you for inspiration.

Thanks for stopping by

Angela  xx

10 comments:

Nannieflash said...

Morning Angela, wow thats a gorgeous card, I love the image and the papers are beautiful. With love and hugs Shirleyxxxxx

Anonymous said...

This the prettiest image, love the embellishments of the crab and starfish- well done!

Angelwood said...

Angela, this is SO cute! So beautifully colored too! Great job! hugs, Angela

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh how cute! I love all the crabs and starfish you added. Awesome coloring and great choice of papers and cheery colors!

Jill said...

gorgeous card Angela I love the image and the embossing looks just like bubbles hugs Jill xx

Kerri said...

This is so sweet, Angela! I just love the embossed and sanded background you created! It really looks like bubbles! Beautiful coloring too : )

Kat said...

How cute is this card Angela! I love how you coloured the mermaid and all the glittery and sparkly accents you added. I also love the fairy in the Truly Scrumptious card. She is really sweet too.

Kat xx

Jodi said...

Oh so adorable!! I love this mermaid! You did a great job on your card, your coloring is awesome!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Karen (Your Next Stamp) said...

Adorable! I love this mermaid and you really made her look like she's swimming through the water with lots of bubbles! I love it!
Hugs
Karen
xx

cabio's craft corner said...

Precious little mermaid. Love the eye soothing colors and the embossing background is awesome!
Hugs,
Cabio