Sunday 3 April 2011

Happy Mothers Day

I know I'm a little late in posting my card toady  but its just been one of those days with lots of things to do as usual.  It was a little bit of a last minute card too as I only finished it last night!!  This card also proved difficult to get a straight photo of so I apologise for some of the odd angles.



 I have made a double gate fold card for my Mum, using the new exclusive to Stampin' Up! sizzix Top Note Die for the centre piece with some delicate Embosslit Butterflies. I  added some of the gorgeous new seam binding and ruffled it along the side of the card adding the largest of the Embosslit Butterflies.


I cut and layered the frame from the Baby Blossom stamp set and used the large oval punch along with a punched scalloped oval cut in half to layer up the centre . I stamped the leaves and small blossoms directly on to the oval and stamped and cut out the large roses so I could layer them up for some interest.



I decorated the inside of my card with more of the Springtime Vintage papers, the sentiment is from the Occasional Greetings stamp set, with another of the cut out roses.
The colours are Rose red, Pear Pizzaz, regal Rose and Pretty in Pink.

Hope you had a lovely day and got some well deserved treats - I got a lovely new Hummingbird Bakery Cake book and planned to use fresh rhubarb from the garden to make one of their cakes but I'm not feeling very well today as I'm full of cold so maybe tomorrow!! Still going to finish the ironing before I'm off for an early night.

I will share my card from my Mini Catalogue launch on Friday night tomorrow.

Angela x

No comments: