Saturday 14 May 2011

Simply Stampin' Challenge week 7

Its time for a new challenge at Simply Stampin' this week we have another sketch for your inspiration.  I really liked this sketch its a great starting place for a card when your lacking inspiration!!  The talented design team have again made some fabulous projects, so make sure you visit the Simply Stampin' challenge blog this week.


I'm planning on having a go at a scrapbook layout with this sketch during the week. I will post the finished layout once I get it  photographed.



 This was one of those cards I needed inspiration for - I was asked to make a card for a civil partnership in September and it had to be green.  I thought the sketch this week would be perfect for a simple design, the background was made with the So Swirly jumbo wheel using Garden Green ink over Garden Green card.  The ribbons are Very Vanilla satin and grosgrain ribbons layered up, with a beautiful frame form th new Four Frames stamp set punched with the matching punch.  I added a few pearls and the greeting is from the new Something to Celebrate  Level 2 hostess stamp set in the mini catalogue.

I still need to go and put everything away from my class last night with a lovely group of ladies they all loved the cards we made, so I will share them tomorrow, I still need to photograph them!! 

 Angela x

7 comments:

Amanda Burditt said...

This is really lovely! I'm liking the simplicity of it, which it needs with the bold swirly background! x

Jo said...

Perfect!

Julie said...

Thank you for my beautiful birthday card !
Julie x

uhooi said...

Waw,, cards are nice, beautiful and creative,,

Uhooi.blogspot.com

Sharon said...

This card is perfect for the occasion! Simple but beautiful...x

Aileen said...

Love the boldness of the green. The ribbon treatment and sentiment bring just the right amount of elegance. x

Becky said...

Really liking this card and the way you have layered up the ribbons.
Bx