Tuesday 28 June 2011

Birthday Gift Set

Yesterday it was my Mum's birthday, and I made a card and some matching gift boxes for the smaller gifts.
My Mum has a beautiful "cottage" style garden filled with so many flowers and it looks so pretty at this time of the year, so I choose to use the level 2 hostess stamp set Fast and Fabulous.


This is one of the gift boxes I made, using Pink Pirrouette card stamping the out line of the flower with Pretty in Pink ink. I stamped extra flowers on Shimmery white card and cut them out layering them with some leaves from the Bird on a branch punch.

Here is the matching card. I stamped and masked areas so I could build up the flowers to add depth to the card, popping a few different flowers up with some dimensionals. I coloured the flowers with Stampin' Write makers and the Blender pen. I added a length of double sided tape along the bottom of the flowers and gathered up some Pretty in Pink satin ribbon, layering the main panel with Pink Pirouette and Perfect Plum card.


There is a small pillow box (perfect for a Chamilla charm!) I used the exclusive Pillow Box die from Stampin' Up!, stamping the card as before and a length of satin ribbon tied around the box.

My Mum had a lovely day with lots of nice presents and cards too!!

Thankfully the weather has cooled down quite a lot today - Philip has chicken pox!!  It seems there are a lot of children suffering in his class, he doesn't seem too bad at the moment???  The only good thing  aabout it is we have time for Lucy to get it as well before we go away!!

5 comments:

Loraine Arderne said...

That's a really gorgeous set!

Kat said...

What a gorgeous set Angela. No wonder your Mum loved them. Gorgeous colours and really pretty flowers and ribbon.

When my kids were 6, 9 and 12 they got chickenpox. One after another. All had different levels of spots. Iain a normal amount, Catriona only a few but big ugly spots. But poor Mhairi was completely covered!We moved a few months later and when the girls started their new primary school chickenpox was on the go there so we were glad they had had it. Recently Poppy & Oliver have both had it so hopefully that's their turn past. Hope Philip and Lucy don't have it too badly.

Kat xx

kelly said...

this little set is beautiful, I'm hoping to get my hands on the stamps next week.
Kelly xx

Nannieflash said...

Oh Angela that is stunning, I love your flower stamp its so pretty. hugs Shirleyxx Sorry to hear about your sons chickenpox, its a miserable thing to have.

Waseem said...

Like the idea and the gift set..i might need this when use this design for Gift Card envelopes.