Friday 9 March 2012

New Baby Card

This week I have been making a special card for the teachers at school to give to another teacher due to have her second baby quite soon!!  


I have used a fabulous tutorial for this card from Laura who is also a Stampin' Up! demonstrator, you can find Laura's tutorial here.  I have made a few alterations to Laura's template as I needed to make the card with plenty of space for the all of teachers to leave a message.


This is a close up of the tag - I covered a chipboard letter with some Neutrals paper and then covered it with Crystal Effects to give a glossy finish, I added some metal charms from my stash.


This is the inside of the card, I have left this side un-decorated so a photograph of the new baby can be put inside. I have tied the main body of the card with some gorgeous velour ribbon to match the handle of the card.


All in the Family stamp set is a perfect choice for the front of the card, I used my Stamp-ma-Jig to line up the stamps to make a family picture and then coloured it with neutral Stampin' Up! marker pens. The sentiment is from the hostess exclusive set Swirls and Curls Verses in the Spring Mini Catalogue.


This is the inside of the card, I have added a few smaller stamped images punched and layered with the tag punches and a brad. 

Philip went back to school today, he has been off with a middle ear infection - no chance of a quiet week next week as Darran has a weeks holiday planned to finally finish decorating the bed room?!

Angela x



4 comments:

cardsandacuppa said...

Angela, this is amazing! What a fab way to use Laura's handbag tutorial! I am so going to do this the next time I need a baby card! or any where you need lots of space to write... inspired!
Hope you are well and glad Phillip is better
Hugs xxx

Kat said...

Don't you hate it when you're too busy too blog? But on the other hand it's lovely to catch up with several days' worth of cards on your favourite blogs.

This is lovely I'm sure the teacher will be really impressed with it. I also loved the card made with the beautiful blossom stamp. Really pretty and elegant.

Kat xx

Simple homemade living said...

Angela it's beautiful. The colours and the extra pages are just wonderful x x

Margaret said...

This is so sweet and would also make a cute mini album if you didn't need all of the space for writing! Such a great use for the little purse!