Wednesday 25 July 2012

Special Birthday Wishes

On Friday my sister celebrates her 40th Birthday - this is a remarkable  achievement for someone who on more than one occasion has been so very ill she was not expected to survive the next few hours!!  The love and care she has been given by my Mum is the key to her survival and we are planning a party with family and friends on Friday - the same day as the Olympics open in London!!  I guess there are not many people  (my Auntie - same day) who have had a "countdown" to their birthday!!  

So on to my card - it has to be a "special one", so I decided to have a go at a stair stepper card - they are so easy and look very effective, I plan to make more cards like this one!!


I have used Poppy Parade, Whisper White & Not Quite Navy for my theme and spent many hours making paper roses for the bunting, these are left over so I have used them for the card.


Arty angle, so you can see the depth of the card, I will make a quick box tonight for the card, so the flowers are not crushed.


A close up of the flowers, You can just see the glitter inside the Night of Navy flower, the patterned paper is from the gorgeous Everyday Enchantment pack - available again during July. The sentiment is from the Perfect Punches stamp set.


I made a box with the exclusive Stampin' Up! Milk Carton die, adding some pearls and crochet trim with another paper flower.  I bought a charm for her bracelet and it will fit nicely in here.

I know I'm going to be busy decorating the garden, so I  am posting my card today - I can hope the sun will come back out!! I have a couple of Birthday banners I have made as well - hopefully I can take some decent pictures once they are hung up??

Angela x



2 comments:

Julie said...

Beautiful card, hope you all enjoy your sister's special day !
Julie x

Margaret said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I am awestruck by those flowers!! Happy Birthday wishes to your sister!