Sunday 9 December 2012

I'm still here....

I have been really busy with many different Christmas projects, I think I've had quite enough now!!!!  I still have a few special cards to make and some gift boxes but I have to report that the Christmas shopping is done & most of it is wrapped, the tree is up & the lights are on outside so for once I'm feeling quite organised.  I plan to do lots of baking, catch up with some projects I would like to finish and of course there will be some crafting.

I'm hoping I have some photos still on my camera as I thought I had photos of the 80 boxes I made for the Christmas party for Heel and Toe - a children's charity that provides conductive education based in Durham, Philip has made some lovely progress there especially with his fine motor skills.

Today I thought I would share a quick card made with the beautiful Holiday Frame embossing folder, it is a beautiful design and the embossing is really deep. I used the Tags til Christmas stamp set and punched it out with the extra large oval, the tree is from the Scentsational Season stamp set cut with the matching holiday framelits, I added a small heart shaped button with a scrap of linen thread.


I used Red Riding Hood card for my base with Very Vanilla and Gum Ball Green and a little star cut from the gorgeous Champagne glimmer paper.

I think this week is the "calm before the storm" as next week I have a lot of classes plan for - I'm spending a full day at school with year 5 & 6 helping them make Christmas cards and boxes, an afternoon helping Philip craft and  I will be making Teacher gifts for Philip's teacher for her little boy to take to nursery - its quite an order!!

We also have one of the nicest "Christmas presents" ever a new wheelchair assessment for a lightweight "sporty" chair that will be much easier for Philip to use and a better design overall.  The wheelchair was something I thought I would look in to after Christmas but Philip's teacher and the Head Teacher stepped in and the children and families at school are helping to raise money to get Philip a new chair - I  never expected this nor would I have asked them to help, it was an afternoon of tears & complete shock when I got to know about this. 

I will get my pictures organised and plan some more blog posts later this week, as I have a lot to share with you!!

Angela x

2 comments:

Kat said...

Nice to see your name popping up on my blog list Angela and with a lovely card too.

I'm relatively organised too, says she hopefully. Well the cards are ready to post and hand out and just 3 special ones to make. I've just finished 3 gift card holders today, bit of a fiddly job but worth it. I even made my Christmas cake last Sunday!

Fantastic news about a new wheelchair for Philip. People can be really kind, can't they? Especially where children are concerned.

Kat xx

Margaret said...

Beautiful card and I love the glittery star!

What a wonderful gift for your family, especially Philip! I hope your Christmas was filled with joy!