Saturday 16 July 2011

Simply Stampin' Challenge 16

I do hope blogger is kind enough to publish my post on time  - as I will be travelling to Leeds for a training day with my stampin' Up! Mummy Jules and lots of other Jems.

This week at Simply Stampin' we have a lovely sketch to follow - I did try rotating this sketch but as I started to work my card natually followed the origional sketch?!



I chose to use some of the bits of paper on my desk for this card, I have used Basic black for the base along with Basic Grey card which I embossed using the polka dots embossing folder, I used the spiral punch along the edge of my patterned paper.


I put two strips of Basic Black satin ribbon together to make a wider band then simply added some butterflies cut using the Beautiful Butterflies bigz die and the Beautiful Wings embosslit die that cuts and embosses all in one go!!  All that was needed was of course some bling and a sentiment , I used the Level 2  Something to Celebrate stamp set from the mini catalogue.

Both Butterfly dies are exclusive to Stampin' Up! so if you would like to add them to your stash please contact me - I can place an order for you and have it delivered directly to you.

Unfortunately I didn't get to visit all of the people who entered last weeks challenge at Simply Stampin' as Lucy has been quite poorly with chicken pox - I'm hoping she will be well enough to go back to school before the end of term so I can catch up.

Angela x

5 comments:

Kat said...

Beautiful card Angela, very elegant and I love the colour combo.

Hope Lucy feels better soon.

Kat xx

Nannieflash said...

Hi Angela, sorry to hear about Lucy hope she soon improves but at least shes started her holiday a bit earlier than the rest. Stunning card design by the way. hugs Shirleyxx

Aileen said...

Love the pink on the black. Very chic. x

Allie Jolliffe said...

Classy colours and a lovely clean design. This sketch is so versatile.

Ruth M said...

Very striking card, dramatic colour combo!