Friday 1 June 2012

Pin Wheels

Finally I have got round to making a "pin wheel" card!! I have seen so many around but just never found the time to try it??  I used some of the gorgeous Sweet Shop papers - the colours and patterns are perfect for a Summery Birthday!


The colours are Pool Party, Lucky Limeade, Wisteria Wonder and Whisper White. The edge of the white card is cut with the new Edgelits die, then I used one of the Simply Adorned embossing folders to add a border of hearts, I wrapped some Wisteria Wonder bakers twine around this layer and added some small punched hearts to the scallops.

The pin wheel has a punched circle of card in the centre and a gorgeous Jelly Bean brad, I used a cocktail stick  with a scrap of ruffled Wisteria Wonder ribbon made to look like a neat bow with a brad.

I'm looking forward to half term, hopefully the weather will be nice for a few days out??  Today I'm planning to bake lots of cakes and biscuits as I'm planning to have a nice afternoon tea over the Jubilee weekend.

Angela x

1 comment:

Kat said...

Gorgeous Angela. Love how you've done the edge of the card, it looks really pretty.

Have a lovely weekend.

Kat xx