Sunday 3 June 2012

A "Shabby" Card

I have tried some more distressing this week and made a "shabby" card with lots of tearing and distressing, I do love this look but it is time consuming and I don't make many as I'm sure my friends and family would not be sure what to make of it??!!


I used the gorgeous new Apothecary Art stamp set and used the framelits to perfectly cut the design out. The image is coloured with Stampin' Up! marker pens, then I used Tea Stain ink from the Distressing Essentials Kit to give the Very Vanilla card an aged/worn look.  The next layer is Soft Suede, I stamped this with the large Wood background stamp, then I tore the edges of the card, I wrapped some Linen Thread around this layer. The base is textured Crumb Cake card, I used Tea Stain ink again, lightly ribbed over the card and edges, I stamped the text from the French Foliage stamp set in the bottom corner. I added a bow with some Crumb Cake seam binding as this ties so easily and holds the crinkles, perfect for a "shabby" style.

I managed to get some flags to put up outside for the Jubilee Weekend - they are slightly longer than I expected?!!  I will go outside today and take some photos, it was just too windy yesterday?!  

One of my neighbours has kindly loaned me one of her DSLR camera's as I have the feeling I "need" one, so I will be "playing" with it to see how I get along - I'm sure I will make it to Teesside Park before it closes at 4pm today though - LOL.

Hope you have a lovely weekend and enjoy the celebrations.

Angela x

2 comments:

Kat said...

Lovely Angela. I know what you mean about tearing and distressing. I'm not sure anyone I make cards for would appreciate it either. Pity cos it can be very effective.

Kat xx

Margaret said...

Very pretty! Love the crumb cake ribbon around the beautifully colored wreath!