Monday 4 June 2012

Jubilee Weekend

I want to make a bit of a fuss over the Jubilee weekend for Lucy & Philip. I remember when I was 7 we had a street party for the Silver Jubilee.  There were quite a few children in our street & my mum made garden gnome costumes from crepe paper for my sister and a neighbours little boy - I went as "Miss World" & won the competition!!

I made some bunting to hang across the fireplace with the gorgeous Stampin' Up! Tea Shoppe stamp set in Poppy Parade, Night of Navy and Crumb Cake, with satin ribbons in Real Red & Bashful Blue between them and of course I added plenty of "diamonds"!!


Here you can see a close up of the detail.


I managed to get some flags for outside on Saturday but I wasn't expecting them to be quite so long.....


I think I could have decorated next door too!!!  I filled my pots with red, white & blue plants - but as there has not been much sun this week they haven't bloomed as well as I had hoped they would!!


Lucy is two steps behind me & Philip is sat on the door step as usual??!

I took these pictures with my lovely new camera - I plan to learn to use it properly over the summer and produce some "good" pictures, so that means I must remember to take it out of the house!!!!


As usual when I go shopping with Darran I spend more money than I had planned - I bought a kit with two lens' & everything else I needed to get started. I can't wait to try it out properly tomorrow.  I "needed" the larger zoom lens as I want to make sure I have some good pictures of the Olympic Torch in two weeks time?!!  What an exciting time for the UK this year!!!!  Shame we couldn't book some good weather,  yesterday was so wet in London I do hope the weather today is a better for the celebrations.

Angela x


1 comment:

Margaret said...

The banner on your fireplace is beautiful and it sounds like your family is enjoying the festivities! We have seen bits and pieces on tv and it looks like such a wonderful celebration!